The Arctic Fox’s Journey (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1) (Hardcover)
Read and find out about the arctic fox’s quest for survival in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
During the winter, the arctic fox begins an incredible journey. She heads north through the tundra, toward the top of the world. No larger than a house cat, she faces treacherous obstacles, frightening predators, and bitter cold along the way.
It seems impossible that she could persist against the elements on her almost 2,000-mile journey—but she does.
This is a clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom. The Arctic Fox’s Journey is filled with gorgeous, accurate art and includes tons of visual aids like charts, sidebars, an infographic, as well as a hands-on activity all about camouflage.
This is a Level 1 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores introductory concepts perfect for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
Wendy Pfeffer enjoyed early careers as a teacher and a nursery school director. She now devotes her time to writing and conducting workshops on creative writing for both adults and children. She is the author of the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science book Sounds All Around as well as The Gooney War and Popcorn Park Zoo. Ms. Pfeffer lives in Pennington, New Jersey.
Morgan Huff is an artist who specializes in children’s illustration. She loves to draw creatures of all shapes and sizes! She is the illustrator of The Artic Fox’s Journey, a Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science Level One book. When she’s not making art, Morgan can be found drinking tea, munching on cake, and reading. She lives in a small town on the central coast of California.