Super Marsupials: Kangaroos, Koalas, Wombats, and More (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1) (Hardcover)
Read and find out about marsupials—amazing kangaroos, tree kangaroos, koalas, Tasmanian devils, wombats, opossums, and sugar gliders—in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
Animals that keep their babies in soft, furry pouches are called marsupials. There are many sorts of marsupials, and they all have super amazing qualities.
This book comes with a colorful infographic and an activity called Joey Day all about what it would be like to carry a marsupial joey (which means baby!) around all day long.
This is a clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom. It's a Level 1 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores introductory concepts perfect for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
Katharine Kenah's Family Favorite is her grandmother's grandmother's brownies. The recipe for these delicious, fudgy-rich treats has been passed down for generations. Besides these delightful easy readers about Room 75, Katharine has written The Dream Shop, Eggs Over Easy, and many exciting nonfiction books for children. She lives with her family in Granville, Ohio.
Stephanie Fizer Coleman is an illustrator with a penchant for playful color and rich texture. Having grown up in a rural area surrounded by nature, it's no surprise that furry and feathered creatures are her favorite subjects to draw. When she's not drawing, Steph can be found sipping tea and reading books. She lives in West Virginia with her husband and two dogs.