Optical Waveguide Modes: Polarization, Coupling and Symmetry (Hardcover)
This in-depth work explains how transverse optical waveguide geometry influences field distribution and polarization properties. You will gain a thorough understanding of the fundamental physics of mode structure.
Optical Waveguide Modes covers single- and few-mode optical waveguides with an emphasis on single-core and multicore optical fibers and couplers, including a large range of geometries and anisotropies. Analysis is performed using extensions of the weak-guidance perturbation formalism together with elementary group representation theory. This definitive volume offers a detailed introduction to and classification of diverse forms of fundamental and higher-order modes and various polarization manifestations.
- Electromagnetic theory for anisotropic media
- Weak guidance for longitudinally invariant fibers
- Circular isotropic longitudinally invariant fibers
- Azimuthal symmetry breaking
- Birefringence: linear, radial, and circular
- Multicore and multifiber couplers