- Applying functions and elegant, powerful functional-programming techniques
- Creating new objects with both properties and methods
- Writing tests and improving code with test-driven development (TDD)
- Developing and using self-contained, modular NPM software packages
- Adding interactivity with event listeners, dynamic HTML forms, and DOM manipulation
Michael Hartl created the legendary Ruby on Rails(TM) Tutorial that helped jumpstart thousands of web development careers. A cofounder and principal author at Learn Enough, Hartl previously earned a Ph.D. in physics at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), where he received a Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching. He is also an alumnus of Harvard University and the world-renowned Y Combinator entrepreneur program.