Dream Golf Courses: Remarkable Golf Courses Around the World (Hardcover)
In 1971, Apollo 14 astronaut Alan Shepard used his 6-iron to tap a few golf balls on the Moon. This famous event did a lot for the image of a sport that had a reputation for being dull and conservative.
Location, location, location. There are many golf courses around the world -- 35,000 or more. And there are tens of millions of golfers, but a select group of golf courses that are outstanding examples of beautiful design, challenging layouts, and unforgettable settings.
Here are many of the world's best, 83 in all. There are courses in
- the British Isles, where golf was invented (St Andrews and Castle Stuart in Scotland, Lahinch in Ireland, Royal St George in England)
- Europe (France, Germany, Spain, Holland and Norway)
- the US (Brandon Dunes, Pebble Beach, PGA West and Augusta National)
- Canada (Banff Springs, Cabot Cliffs)
- and outstanding courses in Africa, the UAR, Japan, Thailand, China, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea.
Each course description is a beautiful, double-page spread (some are 4 pages), with a history of its design, construction and great rounds played; the highlights of playing there now, a locator map, length and par play, and green fees for the course -- because these are courses we dream of playing, not just looking at
This is a very beautiful book, featuring photography that will thrill any golfer, and have them planning for more trips -- with clubs.