America's Complete Diabetes Cookbook (Paperback)
More than 6% of Americans need these healthy recipes to help control their diabetes.
Diabetes is rapidly becoming the largest health problem in the United States. As the population ages, and with so many overweight, there are more and more Americans at risk of developing diabetes. Careful meal planning is key to managing the disease.
In America's Complete Diabetes Cookbook, each of the 250 recipes has complete nutritional information as well as Exchange Lists for Meal Planning(c) Managing diabetes doesn't have to mean eating bland food forever.
Here's just a sampling of the outstanding recipes:
- Appetizers, Dips and Spreads Shrimp and Snow Pea Tidbits, Creamy Pesto Dip, Oriental Chicken-Wrapped Mushrooms
- Soups, Chowders and Stews Fresh Tomato Dill Soup, Wild Mushrom and Barley Soup, Potato Corn Chowder
- Pasta and Grains Singapore Noodles, Cajun Chicken over Fettuccine, Pasta Pizza with Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onions
- Seafood and Poultry Leek and Halibut Ragout, Chicken with Teriyaki Vegetables, White-Hot Chicken Chili
- Meat Steak Kabobs with Honey Garlic Marinade, Pork Vindaloo, Best-Ever Meat Loaf
- Vegetables and Other Sides Orange Broccoli with Red Pepper, Mushroom Barley Pilaf, Garden Paella
- Just for Kids Yummy Parmesan Chicken Fingers, Beef-Stuffed Spuds, Banana Peanut Butter Chip Muffins
- Breads, Biscuits, Muffins and More Scottish Oatmeal Scones, Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf, Orange Pumpkin Snacking Cake
- Desserts Chocolate Coffee Tiramisu, Strawberry-Rhubard Cobbler, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Comprehensive diabetes management advice is provided on everything from risk factors to achieving balanced blood glucose levels to choosing suitable sweeteners