175 Best Mini Pie Recipes: Sweet to Savory (Paperback)
Mini pies are the new cupcakes and cake pops.
Mini pies are one of the most popular trends in baking, leading the way in the mini-dessert craze. Everyone loves these adorable, fun-sized desserts and savory morsels that are perfect whether on the go, hosting an elegant party or just snooping for after-school snack ideas. They are the perfect example of good things that come in small packages.
A novice or experienced baker will be enchanted with Hession's recipes. She shares tips and techniques from her wide experience in creating perfect mini pies, and provides recipes for a wide array of crusts including gluten-free and vegan options. Flavor combinations range from the sweet and sumptuous to the hearty and savory. Here is a sampling of the recipes:
- The Classics like Lemon Meringue Tartlets, New England Lobster Pies and of course, Classic Apple Pies
- Sweet, fruit-filled pies like Very Berry Goat Cheese Pies, Strawberry Basil Hand Pies, and Port Glazed Concord Grape Pies
- Custard and Caramel pies like Maple Nut Caramel, Bananas Foster or Mini Brown Butter and Golden Raisin Tartlets
- Holiday pies such as Festive Spiced Cranberry Pies and Pear and Gingerbread Tartlets
- Savory offerings such as Zesty Pork Empanadas, Potato, Leek and Gorgonzola Pies and Caramelized Cauliflower Pies with Pancetta and Sage
- Vegetarian Pies like Baked Brie and Tomato Jam Turnovers or Moroccan Chickpea Pies.
Simply delicious recipes, luscious photos along with step-by-step photos for perfecting the perfect pie crust and easy-to-follow instructions make this the definitive mini-pie cookbook.