A Shorebird Flying Adventure (Hardcover)
Join Milly on her microlight adventure and discover how amazing and awesome migratory shorebirds are In A Shorebird Flying Adventure you'll take a trip to the Arctic tundra and back. On the way you'll meet the birds who travel phenomenal distances every year and explore their precious wetland habitats and breeding grounds. Learn fascinating facts about their diet and find out Milly's top tips to tell one species from another. Grab your binoculars, hop on board and let's go bird watching Reading level varies from child to child, but we recommend this book for ages 6 to 9. Features:
- True story of Milly's quest to raise the profile of endangered shorebirds.
- Reveals how migratory shorebirds connect us all through land, sea and sky, and the importance of healthy ecosystems.
- Packed with interesting facts about the biology and life cycle of migratory shorebirds.
- Teaches kids how to identify the common migratory shorebird species that visit Australia.
- Contains a Glossary to help children learn new science terms.