Disrupters: Success Strategies from Women Who Break the Mold (Paperback)
This book is not about what women should do, and it's not a preachy TEDTalk. Disrupters shows what different women in business have done to reach success as they define it. From board members to CEOs to freelancers, the business world is stacked against women because they follow the unspoken rules of business culture made long before women entered the workforce. Tech executive, board member, and angel investor Dr. Patti Fletcher recognizes those rules and then showcases the women who have found success by breaking them. With exciting insights and uplifting stories, Disrupters demystifies what it takes to go where so few have gone before by:
- Exploring the mindsets that help or hinder success against all odds
- Discovering the right time to begin the journey to a role that feels too big and too hard to obtain
- Learning the habits, tactics, and relationships that separate those who succeed from those who do not
- Building a personal board of directors that will catapult you to the professional boardroom
- Revealing what it means to achieve your own version of success with case studies and interviews with women of diverse races, ages, backgrounds, and industries
Dr. Patti Fletcher is a leading advocate for women in business leadership and technology and an authority on how to create a culture of inclusion to drive real business results. As a recognized as a futurist and gender equity advocate, student of the inclusive talent economy and future of leadership Innovation through inclusion she advises corporate executives and board members from lean start-ups to Fortune 100s, from small community organizations to large global non-profits. As seasoned tech executive, award-winning marketing influencer, board member, angel investor and speaker, she writes for Entrepreneur.com, Huffington Post, and The Digitalist. She has also contributed to and been featured in Inc., The Guardian, Time Magazine, Forbes, Fortune, Newsweek, and The Muse.