Rick Steves Best of Germany (Paperback)
Hit Germany's can't-miss art, sights, and bites in two weeks or less with Rick Steves Best of Germany! Inside you'll find:
- Strategic advice from Rick Steves on what's worth your time and money
- Two-day itineraries covering Munich, Bavaria, Rothenburg and the Romantic Road, the Rhine Valley, and Berlin, plus Salzburg, Austria
- Rick's tips for beating the crowds, skipping lines, and avoiding tourist traps
- The best of local culture, flavors, and haunts, including walks through museums and atmospheric neighborhoods
- Trip-planning strategies like how to link destinations and design your itinerary, what to pack, where to stay, and how to get around
- Over 400 full-color pages with maps and vibrant photos
- Suggestions for side trips to Dachau Memorial, Würzburg, Nürnburg, Burg Eltz, Cologne, Baden-Baden, Frankfurt, Dresden, and Hamburg
Experience Germany's old-world romance and modern-day excitement for yourself with Rick Steves Best of Germany!
Planning a longer trip? Pick up Rick Steves Germany, the classic, in-depth guide to exploring the country, updated annually. Looking for a quick getaway? Try Rick Steves Pocket Munich & Salzburg.
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 20,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of a hardworking, well-traveled staff of 100 at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, Washington, near Seattle. When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his partner Trish, son Andy, and daughter Jackie.
Connect with Rick:
Connect with Rick: