Moon Norway: Best Hikes, Road Trips, Scenic Fjords (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Flexible itineraries including a two week 'Best of Norway,' a long weekend in Oslo, a Lofoten road trip, and more
- Outdoor adventures: Tip-toe across the blue-tinted ice of a glacier, climb dramatic rock formations, and trek to Tromsø to learn more about the Sami, the Indigenous people of Scandinavia. Watch the Northern Lights dance across the sky, kayak the spectacular Western fjords, and spot wildlife from puffins to polar bears
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Explore an authentic Viking village, stroll and shop in sophisticated Oslo, and wander the cobblestone streets of Bergen’s historic dock area. Road-trip the Lofoten Isles for unforgettable views at every turn, marvel at the elaborate architecture of stave churches, and feast on farm-to-table cuisine
- Honest insight from Norwegian writer Lisa Stentvedt on her beloved home country, with tips for traveling sustainably and avoiding crowds
- Detailed maps and full-color, vibrant photos throughout
- Focused coverage of Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger and Southern Norway, Ålesund, the Lofoten Isles, and more
- Thorough background information on the landscape, wildlife, history, government, and culture
Seeing more of Scandinavia? Check out Moon Copenhagen & Beyond.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Lisa now has over 13 years of experience writing about Norway and travel, as a contributor to both Fodor’s Essential Norway and to the Professional Association of Diving Instructions (PADI). In 2020, she was selected by Adventures by Disney to be their new Adventure Guide for Norway.
Learn more about Lisa at fjordsandbeaches.com.
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer." —No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times