Moon U.S. & Canadian Rocky Mountains Road Trip: Drive the Continental Divide and Explore 9 National Parks (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Multiple Routes: Choose a portion of the road trip that covers the Rockies in the US and Canada, or embark on the ultimate three-week route between Calgary and Denver, including Jasper, Banff, Glacier, Yellowstone, and Zion
- Unbeatable outdoor adventures along the way: Hike through alpine wildflowers, beneath waterfalls, and past snowy peaks and glaciers. Spot wild elk, moose, and bighorn sheep, marvel at Yoho’s thundering Takkakaw Falls, or paddle over a crystal-clear lake. Soak up views of the Tetons, drive the Going-to-the-Sun Road, or go whitewater rafting. Soak in a natural hot spring, hike to your campsite, and spot the Milky Way before you drift to sleep under the stars
- Eat, sleep, stop and explore with lists of the best views, restaurants, unique activities, and more: Ride the International over the Alberta-Montana border or stay overnight in the elegant Chateau Lake Louise. Catch the annual Stampede in Calgary, Sundance in Salt Lake City, or the Colorado Shakespeare Festival. Chow down on poutine, Alberta beef, and wild huckleberries, or explore the international food scene in Denver
- Covers 9 national parks: Jasper, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Waterton, Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Rocky Mountain National Park
- Maps and driving tools: Easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions, and full-color photos throughout
- Expert advice from former national park guide and author of Moon USA National Parks Becky Lomax
- Helpful resources on COVID-19 and road-tripping the U.S. and Canadian Rockies
- Planning your trip: Find when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, safety tips, and suggestions for LBGTQ+ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with kids
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
During college, she worked summers in Glacier National Park. After teaching high school English for many years outside Seattle, she and her husband moved to Montana, where she served as a hiking and backpacking guide in Glacier, worked at a ski resort, and began to write about the outdoors. She relishes visiting national parks to hike, bike, backpack, kayak, and raft.
Through her writing, she advocates for conserving wild places for their unique attributes and the renewal they bring to humans. She has written about hiking trails, historic lodges and roads, camping, paddling, skiing, bicycling, wildlife, wildflowers, birds, and climate change. For magazine stories, she has tagged along with biologists into the field to radio collar bighorn sheep and grizzly bears, even touching the bear's claws and smelling its fur to discover its earthy scent.
Becky serves as the western writer for On the Snow, a website that provides snow reports for ski resorts. She also writes stories for regional newspapers and national magazines such as Smithsonian and Backpacker, and is the author of multiple Moon guides including the bestselling Moon USA National Parks.