Fodor's Cancún & the Riviera Maya: With Tulum, Cozumel, and the Best of the Yucatán (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Fodor's has the most comprehensive selection of resort and restaurant reviews in the region.
- This edition has beautiful new photo-filled features on the area's best beaches and snorkeling spots, plus up-to-date reviews on resorts and restaurants that have reopened since COVID-19.
- The COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 caused a steep drop-off in tourism to many destinations, but surveys have shown an ongoing interest in international travel once it becomes safe again. The number of Americans traveling overseas is expected to increase in mid-2021, once vaccinations are available to a wide variety of people. Destinations that have plentiful outdoor activities, beaches, and room to distance in nature (such as Cancun and the Riviera Maya) will likely have an edge.
- Before 2020, Mexico was the 7th most-visited country in the world by tourists. Mexico was also the top destination for U.S. citizens, drawing 26 million visitors annually. More U.S. citizens traveled to Mexico than to Europe and Canada combined (total 24 million). (stats from ITA Travel and Tourism Office) There are a growing number of properties in the region, including new all-inclusives like Fives Oceanfront and Dreams Vista Cancun Resort & Spa, in addition to upscale properties like Andaz Mayakoba and Rosewood Mayakoba.
- Tulum continues to be particularly trendy, and is opening new hotels like Aloft Tulum (2021) Tiki Tiki Tulum, The Beach Club by Dream Hotel Group Tulum, and Cocoon to match demand.
- New front cover has eye-catching full-bleed images with key selling points on the front
- New back cover is fully-redesigned
- "Best of" Lists will visually engage the reader and provide an overview of the entire destination (best things to eat, see, do, drink, as well as what to read and watch before going)
- Visually focused with more color and images including more full and half-page images throughout and color-coded category icons
- Other useful features including Great Itineraries, Weddings and Honeymoons, Kids and Families, What to Know Before You Go, and more.
- "Travel Smart" (logistical planning tips section) now at the front of the book and redesigned to be more infographic in feel
- Stronger Voice and Opinions give all Fodor's guides more personality. Books are more friendly and conversational in tone, going beyond informational to being inspirational
CURATED AND RELEVANT:
- Focused coverage on only the best places so travelers can make the most out of their limited time.
- Carefully vetted recommendations for all types of establishments and price points.
- Shortened reviews presented with brevity and focus.
Please see additional key selling points in the book main description