Fodor's San Antonio, Austin & the Texas Hill Country (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to visit the Alamo, attend South by Southwest, or explore the Texas wine country, the local Fodor's travel experts in Texas are here to help Fodor's San Antonio, Austin & the Hill Country guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's San Antonio, Austin & the Hill Country includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 15 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS for the best sights, tours, nightlife, shopping, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "What to Eat and Drink", "What to Buy", "The Best Live Music Venues in Austin", and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on What to Watch and Read Before You Visit," "San Antonio's Missions", and more
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: The Alamo, San Antonio RiverWalk, San Antonio Museum of Art, Barton Springs, Blanton Museum of Art, the Texas State Capitol, Sixth Street, Enchanted Rock State Park, Fredericksburg, the Texas Wine Trail, Natural Bridge Caverns, and more.
Planning on visiting the rest of the American South? Check out Fodor's New Orleans and Fodor's Inside Nashville.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us