How To Be Alone: Why It's Okay To Be Alone And Why It Isn't Necessary To Change Yourself (Hardcover)
If you answered yes to any of these questions, keep reading.
Are you an introvert?
If so, you probably know how irritating it is to constantly be asked why you're so quiet.
Or, to be told to be more social as if you're doing something wrong.
It can make you feel like an alien or an outsider.
Maybe you've even tried being more outgoing to fit in but found it exhausting.
Thankfully, you don't have to change who you are to be happy.
In fact, according to PsychToGo.net, pretending to be an extravert can actually have a negative impact on your mental performance.
A 2018 study by Lawn, Rodney B. et al, "Quiet Flourishing: The Authenticity and Well-Being of Trait Introverts Living in the West Depends on Extraversion-Deficit Beliefs" examined how living in a society that favors extraversion affects introverts.
They found that the desire to be more extraverted significantly affected introverted participants' authenticity and well-being.
In other words, introverts could be more authentic and substantially increase their well-being by simply accepting their introversion.
Backed by the latest research, you'll find plenty of reasons to not only accept, but take pride in being an introvert in this book.
In this guide, you'll discover:
- One extremely useful skill introverts possess that everyone should learn
- A surprising fact about people who choose to be single (most people don't know this)
- How and when being unsociable can, in truth, be a good thing
- Why you may not know yourself as well as you think and what to do about it
- How this supposedly selfish act can actually improve your relationships
- The best way to recharge and take effective breaks (hint: it doesn't involve Netflix or video games)
- How to tell your partner you need time alone without upsetting them
- 8 major advantages of being an introvert (these will change the way you think about introversion)
...and much, much more
Despite what society may think, research supports the many powerful benefits of spending time alone.
It's time to embrace who you really are and celebrate the perks of being an introvert.
Unearth the quiet power of being yourself today by clicking "Add to Cart" right now