How to Suffer Well: Timeless Knowledge on Dealing with Hardship and Becoming Anguish-Proof (Paperback)
Your capacity to handle suffering determines where you get in life. How do you want to live?
Life is tough, so you better get a helmet. Life is not a walk in the park. You'll run into pain, anguish, and obstacles. But who says that they need to affect you?
Build immunity to emotional, mental, and physical discomfort and suffering. It can be trained.
How to Suffer Well is a literal guidebook to defeating the voices in your head that tell you to give up. Instead, they'll be replaced with voices that tell you it'll be okay, this will pass, and life goes happily on.
It might sound difficult, but this is all teachable. You'll learn how to become the most zen person you know. Wouldn't it be nice to only experience the positive side of emotions?
How to tolerate the rigors of life without collapsing. Increase your mental pain tolerance to that of superhuman levels.
Peter Hollins has studied psychology and peak human performance for over a dozen years and is a bestselling author. He has worked with a multitude of individuals to unlock their potential and path towards success. His writing draws on his academic, coaching, and research experience.
Greatly expand your comfort zone and build layers of mental armor to ensure your happiness.
- Guest chapter by acclaimed blogger Jason Merchey on the balm of humor to quell suffering.
- Why suffering is life, but attachment is suffering
- Tried and true paths to overcoming suffering
- Defenses against negativity, expectations, and things outside of our control
- How to live in the present, unhindered by the past or the future
- How compassion and purpose assist in suffering better