Lonely Planet Crete (Paperback)
"Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher"
Lonely Planet Crete is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Rub shoulders with the Minoan ghosts, enrich your understanding of Knossos, or discover a charming boutique hotel in the winding streets of Hania Old Town; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Crete and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Crete Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budget - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, dance, politics, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 29 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Travel with Children, and Walking Tours
- Coverage of Hania, Iraklio, Rethymno, Lasithi, Knossos, Vai, Elounda, Agia Nikolaos, Agia Marina, Hersonisos, Platanias, Vamos, Almyrida, Ierapetra, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Crete, our most comprehensive guide to Crete, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Greek Islands guide or Greece guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole region has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Greece, a photo-rich guide to all the most popular attractions in that country.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Chris, Deliso, and Des Hannigan.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
"TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category"
"'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times"
"'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)