Lonely Planet Shanghai [With Map] (Paperback)
"Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher"
Lonely Planet Shanghai is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience the iconic skyscraper backdrop at the Bund, witness Shanghai Museum's marvellous tribute to the path of beauty, or browse the French Concession boutiques; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Shanghai and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Shanghai Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, music, fashion, martial arts, architecture, and politics
- Free, convenient pull-out Shanghai map (included in print version), plus over 32 colour neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including With Kids, For Free, and Day Trips
- Coverage of Pudong, Hongkou, North Shanghai, The Bund, People's Square, Old Town, Jing' an, French Concession, Xujiahui, South Shanghai, West Shanghai, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Shanghai, our most comprehensive guide to Shanghai, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Shanghai? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Shanghai, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's China guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover China, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Damian Harper, and Christopher Pitts.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
"TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category"
"'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times"
"'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)