Lonely Planet Berlin (Paperback)
"Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher"
Lonely Planet Berlin is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Catch the lift to the Reichstag's dazzling glass cupola, listen to music at a riverside beach bar, or reflect on the Berlin Wall's stirring history; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Berlin and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Berlin Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviewsfor all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, cuisine, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-outBerlin map (included in print version), plus over 30 colour neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Day Trips
- Coverage of City West, Charlottenburg, Potsdamer Platz, Tiergarten, Historic Mitte, Scheunenviertel, Museumsinsel, Alexanderplatz, Prenzlauer Berg, Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg, Northern Neukolln, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Berlin, our most comprehensive guide to Berlin, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Berlin? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Berlin, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Germany guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Germany, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Andrea Schulte-Peevers.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
"TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category"
"'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times"
"'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)