Lonely Planet China [With Map] (Paperback)
"Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher"
Lonely Planet China is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Pass through the Gate of Supreme Harmony in Beijing's Forbidden City, hike along the Great Wall, or slurp up wonton soup amid Shanghai's neon lights; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of China and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet China Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, religion, cinema, calligraphy, architecture, martial arts, landscapes, cuisine, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Beijing map (included in print version), plus over 120 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Regions at a Glance
- Coverage of Beijing, Tianjin, Shandong, Shanghai, Fujian, Jiangsu, Liaoning, Zhejiang, Jilin, Shanxi, Anhui, Jiangxi, Hunan, Hong Kong, Macau, Guangdong, Hainan, Sichuan, Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia, Tibet, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet China, our most comprehensive guide to China, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of China? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover China, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Hong Kong, Beijing, or Shanghai? Check out Lonely Planet's Hong Kong guide, Beijing guide, or Shanghai guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these cities has to offer; or Pocket Hong Kong, Pocket Beijing, or Pocket Shanghai, handy guides focused on the can't-miss sights for quick trips.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Damian Harper, Piera Chen, Chung Wah Chow, David Eimer, Tienlon Ho, Robert Kelly, Michael Kohn, Shawn Low, Bradley Mayhew, Daniel McCrohan, and Christopher Pitts.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
"TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category"
"'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times"
"'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)