Insight Guides Explore San Francisco (Travel Guide with Free Ebook) (Insight Explore Guides) (Paperback)
Insight Guides Explore San Francisco
Travel made easy. Ask local experts.
Focused travel guide featuring the very best routes and itineraries, now with free eBook.
Discover the best of San Francisco with this unique travel guide, packed full of insider information and stunning images. From making sure you don't miss out on must-see, top attractions like the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island and Fisherman's Warf, to discovering cultural gems, including the grand architecture on Nob Hill, Golden Gate Park's lakes and botanical gardens and a literary pilgrimage to the Beat writers in North Beach, the easy-to-follow, ready-made walking routes will save you time, and help you plan and enhance your visit to San Francisco.
Features of this travel guide to San Francisco:
- 14 walks and tours: detailed itineraries feature all the best places to visit, including where to eat and drink along the way
- Local highlights: discover the area's top attractions and unique sights, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights: immerse yourself in the USA's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Insider recommendations: discover the best hotels, restaurants and nightlife using our comprehensive listings
- Practical full-colour map: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Key tips and essential information: packed full of important travel information, from transport and tipping to etiquette and hours of operation
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free app and eBook to access all this and more from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Fisherman's Wharf; Alcatraz; North Beach and Telegraph Hill; Chinatown; South of Market and Union Square; Civic Center and Hayes Valley; Nob Hill and Russian Hill; Japantown, Pacific Heights and Cow Hollow; Golden Gate Park and Haight-Ashbury; The Castro; The Mission District; Fort Mason and The Marina; Golden Gate Promenade; Berkeley
Looking for a comprehensive guide to the USA? Check out Insight Guides USA for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.