The Rough Guide to Iceland (Travel Guide with Free Ebook) (Rough Guides) (Paperback)
The Rough Guide to Iceland
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Iceland with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to bathe in the sublime waters of Blue Lagoon, sample Iceland's legendary nighlife with a pub crawl around Reykjavik's bars or hike in the majestic landscape of Hornstrandir, The Rough Guide to Iceland will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Iceland:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Iceland
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Reykjavik, Myvatn and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the other-worldly splendor of the Northern Lights and the rushing white rapids of Gullfloss Waterfall
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of classic journeys, best beaches, island idylls and amazing views
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Iceland, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Reykjavik; Southwestern Iceland; The west coast; The West Fjords; Northwest Iceland; Myvatn and the northeast; Eastern and southeast Iceland; The Interior
You may also be interested in: Pocket Rough Guide Reykjavik
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.