The Rough Guide to Venice & Veneto (Travel Guide with Free Ebook) (Rough Guides) (Paperback)
The Rough Guide to Venice & Veneto
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Venice with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to explore the mosaic-encrusted Basilica di San Marco, gaze at Carpaccio's beguiling pictures at the Scuola di San Giorgio degli Schiavoni or experience authentic Italy at the Rialto Market, The Rough Guide to Venice & Veneto will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Venice & Veneto:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Venice
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around San Marco, the Canal Grande and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography features inspirational colour photography, including the sweeping brilliance of the Canal Grande and the stunning frescoes of San Sebastiano
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of San Marco, the Ghetto and Murano's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Venice, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers San Marco; Dorsoduro; San Polo and Santa Croce; Cannaregio; Central Castello; Eastern Castello; The Canal Grande; The northern islands; The southern islands
You may also be interested in: Pocket Rough Guide Venice, The Rough Guide to Italy, Pocket Rough Guide Rome
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.