The Rough Guide to Sicily (Travel Guide with Free Ebook) (Rough Guides) (Paperback)
The Rough Guide to Sicily
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Sicily with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to climb Mount Etna, relax on the golden sands of Cefal or explore the Valley of the Temples, the Rough Guide to Sicily will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Sicily:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Sicily
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Palermo, Catania and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the magnificent cave-riddled canyon of Cava Grande del Fiume Cassibile and the spectacular views of the Madonie mountains
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Ragusa Ibla, Sampieri, Linosa and Monreale's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Sicily, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Palermo; Cefal ; the Monit Madonie; the Aeolian Islands; Messina; Taormina; the northeast; Catania; Etna; SIracusa; Enna; Agrigento; the southwest; Trapani; the west
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Italy, The Rough Guide to Sardinia, The Rough Guide to Rome
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.