Hiking Lysefjord and Beyond: day trips in the Stavanger Region (Paperback)
Our hiking guide prints on demand: please disregard "out of stock" notices from online retailers.
Explore world-famous hikes and discover hidden gems in Norway's western fjords. Trek up popular Pulpit Rock and Kjeragbolten, or the steep 4444-step staircase at Fl rli. Then, continue hiking where others finish. Explore glacier-carved valleys, windswept coastlines and beaches, rugged peaks and thundering waterfalls. 'Hiking Lysefjord and Beyond: day trips in the Stavanger Region' sets you on the right track to explore this marvellous part of western Norway.
- Two double-sided area maps, marked with the locations of all hikes, make it easy to orient yourself in the area.
- Detailed descriptions to all 50 hikes help you navigate with confidence; they provide information on how to actually find the trail head, include sketch maps as well as height profiles.
- Tailor your hiking adventures to the season and weather, your interests, mood and personal needs; get ideas on where to go and how to hike with children and teenagers.
- Essential info at your fingertips with chapters on how to enjoy outdoor life in Norway; tips and advice on weather, navigation, clothing, equipment, and much more.
- Insights into local history and geology, flora and wildlife create a sense of the places and people you encounter.
- Marvel at the astounding variety and diversity of landscapes, without travelling far, from sea-level to one thousand meters high.
With 140+ full-colour photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and detailed navigation descriptions for every hike, 'Hiking Lysefjord and Beyond: day trips in the Stavanger Region' is your in-depth guide to 'bucket list' hikes and less travelled trails. Whether you are just starting out on your hiking journey, or have thousands of steps under your boots, this guide advices you as a local friend would. Get going with family or friends, your dog, or just you and your daypack.