How and When to Sign a Book Deal (Hardcover)
Have you always dreamed of getting published? Do you want to know how to land and close a traditional book deal? Have you already been offered a deal and want to make sure this is the right deal for you? Author and poet Helen Cox has signed numerous book contracts over the last ten years and has wide-ranging experience in the world of independent publishing. Channelling a decade of publishing know-how into easy to follow, practical advice, Cox helps you decide if a traditional deal is the right choice for your book.
In this book you'll discover:
- How to attract a publisher.
- What you should know before entering into discussions with a publisher.
- A step-by-step guide to the process of landing and closing a traditional book deal.
- Which parts of the contract you should pay closest attention to.
- What to ask your editor or agent before you sign a contract.
- The realities of working with a traditional publisher.
- The realities of the independent publishing route.
Signing a book deal need no longer be a lonely or unsettling process. Heeding the insider information in this book will put you in the best possible position to make prudent business choices about your work, and be sure any deals you're offered have the best chance of resulting in future literary success.
If you like straight-talking insider information with a touch of humour, then you'll love this behind-the-scenes exploration of the opportunities and pitfalls the publishing industry presents.