Pep Guardiola Attacking Tactics - Tactical Analysis and Sessions from Manchester City's 4-3-3 (Paperback)
This book provides a tactical analysis of Pep Guardiola's 4-3-3 Attacking Tactics (56 Tactical Situations) for you the coach to learn from one of the best coaches in the world.
Athanasios Terzis is a UEFA 'A' Licence Coach and has used this analysis to produce 12 Full Training Sessions (70 Practices and Variations). You can use these ready-made sessions to practice Pep Guardiola's attacking tactics and implement them into your training sessions.
The aim of the book is to use the innovative attacking tactics of Pep Guardiola to create chances and score goals, with variations depending on the opposition players' positioning and reactions within their formation (4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and teams with a back 5).
Learn to Coach "Pep Guardiola's Innovative Attacking Tactics" - to Create Chances and Score Goals - with 12 Full Sessions (70 Practices & Variations) based on 12 Tactical Situations from Manchester City's 4-3-3
Tactical Analysis and Session Topic Examples:
- Positioning and Rotations with Inverted Full Backs
- Creating and Exploiting Overloads in Wide Areas
- Moving the Ball Wide and Receiving in Behind the Full Back
- Stretching the Opposition's Defence and Switching Play
- Attacking Through the Centre with a Third Man Run
- Rotating Movements with Inverted Full Backs in a Passing Rotation Practice
- Reading the Opponent's Reactions to Best Exploit Overloads in Wide Areas
- Moving the Ball Wide and Receiving in Behind the Full Back in a Dynamic Game
- Attacking Through the Centre with a Third Man Run in a Functional Practice
- Stretching the Opposition's Defence and Switching Play in a Conditioned Game
Pep Guardiola's Manchester City used these attacking tactics to become the Best Ever Premier League Team during the 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 title winning seasons, breaking the following records:
- Highest Ever Points Total (100) - 2017/2018
- Most Total Wins (32) - 2017/2018 and 2018/2019
- Most Goals Scored (106) - 2017/2018
- Biggest Goal Difference (+79) - 2017/2018
- Most Consecutive Wins (18) - 2017/2018