Small Business Tax Saving Tactics 2018/19: Tax Planning for Sole Traders & Partnerships (Paperback)
This tax guide is essential reading for all self-employed business owners (sole traders and partnerships).
It contains 50 chapters of practical, tried and tested tax saving techniques that your business can implement year-in, year-out, illustrated with easy to follow examples.
Even those with substantial tax knowledge will uncover many useful nuggets that will help them pay less income tax, national insurance, VAT, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
The 5th edition was published in August 2018.
Subjects covered include:
- How to claim a big tax deduction when you work from home
- Tax-free salaries for spouses and children (including minor children)
- How to claim a bigger tax deduction for travel expenses (flights, hotels, meals etc)
- How to make your entertainment costs tax deductible
- Tax saving strategies for e-commerce businesses
- Capital allowances - how they're calculated and how to maximise your claim
- Seven chapters on motoring tax issues (cars, vans, fuel, VAT, leasing etc)
- How to maximise the tax relief on your borrowings
- Four chapters that will show you how to claim bigger property tax deductions
- Tax-free benefits that can be paid to your employees.
- Year-end tax saving strategies
- The pros and cons of changing your accounting date
- How to pay less VAT
- Capital gains tax - How to qualify for Entrepreneurs Relief (10% tax)
- Inheritance tax - Everything you need to know about Business Property Relief
- The benefits and drawbacks of using the cash basis