Small Business Tax Saving Tactics 2021/22: Tax Planning for Sole Traders & Partnerships (Paperback)
This tax guide is essential reading for all self-employed business owners (sole traders and partnerships).
It contains over 50 chapters of practical, tried and tested tax saving techniques that your business can implement year-in, year-out, illustrated with easy to follow examples.
Even those with substantial tax knowledge will uncover many useful nuggets that will help them pay less income tax, national insurance, VAT, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
The 9th edition was published in October 2021 and is completely up to date.
Subjects covered include:
- All the latest tax changes plus future tax changes
- Full details of the recently announced Health & Social Care Levy and how this affects business tax planning.
- How to claim a bigger tax deduction when you work from home
- Paying tax-free salaries to your spouse and children
- How to claim a bigger tax deduction for travel expenses (flights, hotels, meals)
- How to make some entertainment costs tax deductible
- Claiming tax relief for bad debts and losses
- Tax saving strategies for e-commerce businesses
- Capital allowances - how they're calculated and how to maximise your claim
- Seven chapters on motoring tax issues (cars, vans, fuel, VAT, leasing etc)
- How to maximise the tax relief on your borrowings
- Four chapters dealing with property tax planning
- Tax-free benefits that can be paid to your employees
- Year-end tax saving strategies
- How to pay less VAT
- How to qualify for Business Asset Disposal Relief (10% capital gains tax)
- Inheritance tax - Everything you need to know about Business Property Relief
- The benefits and drawbacks of using the cash basis
The new edition also has a detailed chapter on the major proposed changes to the way sole traders and partnerships' accounting periods will be treated from 2023/24 and beyond - including tax planning strategies to make the most of the proposed changes.