Let Go and Run Beside: Essentials of Intentional Preteen Ministry (Paperback)
It's the only way it works. Preteens are beyond elementary ministry once their brains start changing, and the way they do everything becomes new. Behavioral problems are just the beginning, but that really isn't the problem. They are ready for more and need intentional preteen ministry. Seize this short window of time. You won't get this chance again.
Written for ministry leaders and their teams, this book will provide a practical foundation as you grow a ministry in which 9-12 year olds in 4th, 5th and 6th grades take ownership of their faith in Jesus Christ.
This book is packed full of ways to create space for preteens to move toward:
- a faith in God that is THEIRS
- a love of God's Word that is THEIRS
- a walk with Jesus Christ that is THEIRS
Reading this book, you will learn the essentials of Intentional Preteen Ministry:
- Using effective questions
- Incorporating experiential learning and movement
- Balancing challenge and safety
- Understanding the beginnings of identity formation
- Providing opportunities for power and choice
- Letting go and running beside