Bone Soup and Flipped Bread: The Yemenite Jewish Kitchen (Hardcover)
Notable is the strong impact of Yemenite cuisine on today's Israeli food scene. A chapter on the indispensable Yemenite larder is followed by three sections devoted to everyday recipes and recipes for foods that traditionally accompany life-cycle events and holidays. These are prefaced by descriptions of the many colorful customs central to the celebrations, Yemenite cooks' personal stories, tips and above all, their deep desire to preserve their beloved food heritage. The book concludes with informative appendices and an extensive bibliography.
- Over a hundred traditional recipes for everyday, the life cycle and holidays
- Richly illustrated with photographs both modern and archival
- Anecdotes and interesting facts
- Historical and ethnographic information on the Yemenite Jewish culture
- Appendices including kitchen information, chronological guide, maps, shopping guide (where and how to purchase products), recipe index and an extensive bibliography