Join the Children’s Signed First Editions Club and receive a signed first edition of a newly released children’s picture book delivered to your doorstep (or picked up at our Connecticut Avenue location) every month. Membership in the club makes a wonderful gift for a child, grandchild, niece, nephew or children’s book collector!
The Children’s Signed First Editions club has an excellent track record of selecting honored and critically acclaimed books. In 2019, our staff selected two titles that were recognized as outstanding picture books in the United States: Bear Came Along written by Richard T. Morris and illustrated by LeUyen Pham which received a 2020 Caldecott Honor and Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story written by Kevin Noble Maillard and illustrated by Juana Martinez-Neal which received the 2020 Robert F. Sibert Medal and a 2020 American Indian Youth Literature Award Picture Book Honor. Below is a look at some of the books subscribers have received in the past:
- Dreamers written and illustrated by Yuyi Morales—Pura Belpré Best Illustrator Award (2019)
- Wolf in the Snow written and illustrated by Matthew Cordell—Caldecott Medal (2018)
- Radiant Child: The Story of Young Artist Jean-Michel Basquiat written and illustrated by Javaka Steptoe—Caldecott Medal (2017), Coretta Scott King Illustrator Award (2017)
- Waiting by Kevin Henkes—Caldecott Honor (2016), Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor (2016)
- Oskar and the Eight Blessings written by Tanya Simon and Richard Simon, illustrated by Mark Siegel—National Jewish Book Award for Children's Literature (2015)
- Locomotive by Brian Floca—Caldecott Medal (2014), Sibert Honor (2014)
Because Politics and Prose has one of the few Signed First Edition subscriptions dedicated specifically to children’s books, we’re able to work with publishers to offer signed books not available anywhere else.
You may choose to enroll in the program for six months, one year, or indefinitely. There is no member fee: all you pay for is the cost of each book (and shipping, if applicable). Payment for the subscription will be processed once a month when the signed books arrive at Politics and Prose. For an additional $1.50, you can choose to have us cover your book with an archival book cover.
If you’re interested in signing up, please enter a credit card number in the payment method when checking out online. We’ll charge you for the cost of each book using this card throughout the time of the enrollment. So what are you waiting for? Quantities are limited, so sign up now!
For more information, call (202) 364-1919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.